#FoodieFriday is here again!
U Fit studio have joined forces with Clean Eating by Jay to bring you exciting new recipes each and every Friday.
Whether you have a savoury tooth or sweet, we are sure you will find something to enjoy!
Next up, Satay Tofu with Brown Rice.
- 150g Tofoo. Co Firm Tofu
- ½ Red onion – Cut into large chunks
- Brown Basmati Rice
- Spring Onion
- Coriander – chopped finely
- Satay sauce – 1 tbsp Sukrin Peanut Flour – 1 tsp light soy sauce – Chilli Flakes (to taste/optional)
- Grab a few skewers and soak in cold water for a minimum of 20 minutes. This will prevent them from charring when cooking in the oven
- Cut your tofu into large chunks approx 3cm3 in size
- Add the ingredients for the satay sauce to a bowl and combine with the tofu. Be careful not to mix too vigorously or the tofu will fall apart
- Chop your veggies into large chunks approximately the same size as the tofu.
- Thread your tofu and veggies into your skewers and place on a baking tray and cook in a pre heated oven at 150oc for 15 mins.
- Whilst the skewers are cooking heat your cooked brown rice in a pan with chopped spring onion and coriander
- Serve and drizzle any left over satay sauce over the skewers